- There was a dimension table say ‘dimDest’ with around 600 columns, which gets populated every hour from the source through a scheduled job.
- The job gets all updated data from the source, and stores the data in the stage table say ‘tmpdimDest’
- Job loads ‘dimDest’ table from ‘tmpdimDest’ table through SCD (Slowly changing dimension) type 1.
- For updating the table, I used OleDBCommnad transformation, for insertion it was directly inserting the row into OleDB destination, on the basis of the availability of Business Key in the destination table
4. For more information on SCD
5. implementation of SCD type1 step by step
6. implementation of SCD type2 step by step
Please provide your feedback for the post, if you find this post useful. Also Post your query or scenario, i will be happy to help.