Tuesday, April 23, 2013

SSIS : 200 Type set to A.500 PORT/EPRT (Active Mode/Extended Active Mode) is not supported. Use PASV/EPSV instead of this

Error: Detailed error description: 200 Type set to A.500 PORT/EPRT (Active Mode/Extended Active Mode) is not supported. Use PASV/EPSV instead of this

500 'LPRT 6,16,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,96,76,140,105,19,0,0,0,2,207,204': command not understood.

Scenario:

 I was working on one SSIS package , in which I need to use FTP task to get some files from the remote server. For that I need to createa FTP connection in connection manager. But when I was executing the package it was getting stop at FTP task, and was throwing error as I mentioned above.
I checked FTP connection manager 10 times , but I was not getting any solution for this, then I see the ‘Use Passive Mode’ checkbox, which was unchecked in the FTP connection manager. So I checked the checkbox ‘UsePassive Mode’ in the FTP connection manager. It worked and the error was gone. 

Please provide your feedback for the post, if you find this post useful. Also Post your query or scenario, i will be happy to help.

2 comments:

  1. I am spending around 2 hrs for this.

    Super.. this worked for me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was almost kicking the pc because of this problem, the post was very helpful, thanks a lot o/

    ReplyDelete